Jawaharlal Nehru University Recruitment For Assistant Post
Job Location : Delhi
Job Type : Government Jobs
No.Of.Post : 90
Name of the Post & No of Vacancies :
1. Assistant Professor – 24
2. Associate Professor – 27
3. Professor – 39
1. Assistant Professor – (i) An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications books and/or research/policy papers. (ii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
2. Associate Professor – (i) Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline. (ii) A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed. (iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
3. Professor – (i) Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. (ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. (iii) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
Age Limit : Candidate’s Age Limit Should not exceed 56 Years.
Pay Scale :
1. Assistant Professor – Rs. 37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP Rs. 10000/-
2. Associate Professor – Rs. 37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP Rs. 9000/-
3. Professor – Rs. 15600-39100 (PB-3) AGP Rs. 6000/-
Selection Procedure : Interview
Application Fee :
For General/OBC Candidates Application Fee is – Rs.500/-
For All Other Candidates (ST/SC/Ex-s/PWD) Application Fee is – Nil
Last date : 29th Jan,2018
Apply Online : http://recruitment.jnu.ac.in/RC57/