Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) 2017 Recruitments
Job Location : Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata
Job Type : Government Jobs
No.Of.Post : 40
Name of the Post & No of Vacancies: Graduate Marine Engineer (GME) – 40
Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E /B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering) from AICTE Approved Engineering College. Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives other than above educational qualification is not acceptable. Final year / semester students who have appeared for in the exam and expect their results by date 31.01.2017 are also eligible to apply.
Candidates must be in possession of valid Engineering degree certificate /Provisional degree certificate/Marks Sheet with minimum 50% marks in final year of Engineering at the time of interview. However, candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at Xth or XIIth class.
Candidate’s Age Limit Maximum 28 years as on 1st March 2017 (Date of commencement of training). Candidates belonging to UR/OBC category must be born on or after 01.03.1989. Relaxations applicable to SC/ST candidates as per existing Govt. directives. Candidate belonging to SC/ST category must 2 be born on or after 01.03.1984.
Training and Course Fees: After final short listing, the eligible candidate has to undergo shore based training for 8 months. The fee for training is approximately Rs.4, 00,000 (Approx. Rs. Four lakhs only) for male candidates and 3.35 lakhs (Approx. Rs. Three lakhs and thirty five thousand only) for female. Candidate will pay fees to the Maritime Training Institute (MTI), Powai. Fees once paid are not refundable at any stage either in full or part. Consolidated stipend of Rs. 15000/- per month will be paid to candidates for onboard training.
Selection Procedure: on line test, Interview
For General/OBC Candidates Application Fee is – Rs.1000/-
For All Other Candidates (ST/SC) Application Fee is – Rs.500/-
1. Go to SCI careers page at shipindia.eadmissions.net
2. Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
3. Click on the link New Registration
4. Fill up all the required fields
5. Ensure the information provided is correct
6. Submit the application & Make Payments
7. Take a print out of SCI Recruitment 2017 online application form
8. On saving on-line application with registration number, candidate has to download the printout of application form. Candidates are required to paste a recent passport size photo in the space indicated, put his/her signature in the place and send the same application form along with bank transaction receipt and Xerox copies of SSC/HSC Passing Certificate for birth proof, All semester mark sheets, Degree Certificate, Caste certificate, Caste Validity Certificate. The application form with all attached documents must be sent by Ordinary-Post/Courier/SpeedPost/Registered-Post (No Hand delivery will be accepted) to the following address super scribing the envelope as:
9. “Application for GRADUATE MARINE ENGINEER” and addressed to: Vice President I/C, Flee Personnel Dept. Third Floor. The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd, Shipping House, 245, Madame Cama Road, Nariman point, Mumbai-400 021, Maharashtra, India, on or before 08.02.2017 by 17:00hrs.
Last date : 06th Feb,2017
Date of Written Examination: 18th February (Saturday) 2017
Apply Online : http://shipindia.eadmissions.net/Images/SCI_Adv.pdf