Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) 2018 Recruitments
Job Location : Chennai
Job Type : Government Jobs
No.Of.Post : 02
Name of the Post & No of Vacancies :
1. Registrar – 01
2. Librarian – 01
1. Registrar – 1. The holder of the post of Registrar shall be not lower in rank than that of a University Professor. 2. Knowledge of Tamil to the extent of carrying out official correspondences and drafting reports is essential.
2. Librarian – (i) A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation with atleast 55% marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven points scale and consistently good academic record set out in these Regulations. (ii) At least thirteen years as a Deputy Librarian in a University library or eighteen years experience as a College Librarian. (iii) Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work. (iv) Desirable: (a) An M.Phil./Ph.D Degree in Library Science / Information Science/Documentation/Archives and Manuscript-Keeping. (b) Experience in Digital Library Management.
Age Limit :
1. Registrar – The applicant for the post should not be below 45 years of age and should not have completed 55 years of age in the case of a non-academician and 57 years of age in the case of an academician, on the date of notification inviting application for the post of Registrar.
2. Librarian – Nil
Pay Scale :
1. Registrar – Rs.37400-67000 with AGP of Rs.10,000/-
2. Librarian – Rs.37400-67000 with AGP of Rs.10,000/-
Selection Procedure : interview
Application Fee :
Details of Downloadable Application Form and other terms & conditions are available from the University Web Site www.tnou.ac.in. The filled-in Applications in the prescribed format along with all the enclosures should reach the University on or before 31-01-2018 @ 5 : 45 p.m. along with a DD for Rs. 1000/- superscribing the envelope “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF __________”
For General/OBC Candidates Application Fee is – Rs.600/-
Last date : 31st Jan,2018
Official Notification : http://www.tnou.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Regr-Paper-Advt.-1.pdf